Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tamir Yacobi "Breaks The Silence"

Tamir Yacobi "Breaks the silence" at a "Breaking the silence" event in Tel Aviv. His full testimony can be seen below the video.



Here is the full testimony:

"I enlisted in 2006, to the Armored Corps, to the 75th Battalion of the highly illustrious and decorated 7th Brigade, which participated at all of Israel's wars. The Brigade is also known as "Storm from the Golan". After we enlisted, we were brainwashed, positively, told of heroic deeds and fierce battles. I thought I would be honored to serve my country in that brigade. From time to time, we were switched to Infantry duty, patrolling various points in Israel. Our patrols have caught quite a few Palestinians attempting to cross from the Palestinian Authority areas into Israel.

I can never forget seeing them for the first time... they were just sitting there, in the holding cells, their eyes covered and their hands tied. I was just a young soldier. So I asked one our sergeants, "what are you going to do with them?" He looked at me with dead eyes and said: "Nothing, we're transferring them to the Police or to the Border Police." I could not imagine what they would suffer there...

That was, before I discovered that they would be held for three (3) days, and then set free. In fact, before we transferred them to the Police, we provided them with blankets and food, and even cigarettes...

Are you getting that?! These people, who could have been terrorists bent on murder, and murder just because their victims belong to a different nationality, as did the Nazis and before them the Crusaders, would be returned safely to their homes!

However, their intention did not prevent me, or any other IDF soldier, from providing them with all of the Human Rights they are entitled to. And we do that, knowing that there is a good possibility that one of them could be a heinous terrorist bent on slaughtering me -- me, the one that calls you brothers and sisters -- or your children and your families.

And that is the virtue that makes the IDF the most moral army of the world, and turns you, people, into jackals tainted with anti-Semitism that try to besmirch the most moral army in the world with lies and slander.

But here, at least, your attempt to use the IDF as a pawn in your political game didn't succeed. And you know why? Because we Israelis know the truth full well, and we know who are the good guys, and who are the bad guys. And you? Have you understood that yet?"






Want alerts for new videos?
Like us on Facebook.